Wednesday, April 15, 2009

Doves and bandanas


Did this one over break, I used sketchbook paper so it didn't take the watercolor the way I wanted it to but I really like the things I'm working with in this one. The last couple pieces I've done and the things that are starting to fill my journals and sketchbooks are these kind of archaic symbols of the Holy Spirit and the words "a message". I'm also a big fan of bandanas and decided to incorporate some of the floral print from my favorite bandana in this. There's a lot I like about where I feel this is taking me. As for the composition with this one I wish I had made the proportion of the water color to the proportion of the dove pattern more dissimilar, I think it might be a little to balanced as is. Otherwise, I think it works and I'm going to keep doing some variations of these concepts.  

No comments:

Post a Comment