Friday, March 20, 2009

Little Nemo

Borrowed a book of Little Nemo in Slumberland comic strips from a friend. Little Nemo was written and illustrated by Winsor McCay who had an excellent sense of design. I'm going to do some studies soon. Watchmen really turned me on to the American Comic style and I'm dying to find a comic dealer so I can get some trade paper backs of the more classic comic heroes. Problem is there isn't any comic dealers, at least not like what I'm after, in the area. There's one in my hometown but I won't be back there until Easter. 

I admit I feel a little nerdy, there's probably a bunch of comic nerds out there that started drawing by copying comics and then changed their style once they got into the classroom. I started drawing in the classroom and now I'm looking backward and going "OOOoooooo comic books!"

1 comment:

  1. I'm pretty much right there with ya. I really enjoy comic books, and I know a good bit about them, but I've hardly read any comic books. I've been wanted to get into them, but I just don't know where to start (plus I don't really have the funds to feed the desire right now).

    I know someone who use to go to IWU who's big into comic books, so he may know of some places locally that could satiate your desire. Want me ask him?

    ReplyDelete